The beginning of the year is the perfect time to set intentions and goals for the year to come. The problem is that so many people don’t realize they have the power to direct their lives and create what they truly want to experience. And those who do know they can, often don’t succeed because they are not clear and specific about what they want.
And let’s face it, after what we experienced in 2020, the ONE thing you want for 2021 is to be in charge of it!!
I will be honest, giving direction to your life is all about taking full responsibility and showing up for yourself. So if you haven’t done your inner work and you feel unworthy in some way, there will be challenges if you want to stay on track but those challenges can be overcome. it all depends on your level of commitment to yourself and how bad you want what you say you want.
What I am about to share with you is a practice that lasts all year long… It starts in January and has a daily practice. There is no miracle way to take charge of our lives except to show up to it every day…
Here are the steps:
Review the year that just ended and look at all the wins you had and all the obstacles you surmounted. Write down everything you accomplished and what you let go of in order to become who you are now. Look at what you didn’t achieve and/or where you didn’t get the results you wanted. Ask yourself:
a) What got in the way of you achieving your goal? (no external excuse here! when there is a will, there is a way)
b) What could you have done differently.
c) Who do you have to be or become to achieve it?
d) What needs to change?
Assess if you still want the same thing.
1. Now, here is where it gets fun. Have a long term goal (3 to 5 years) of where you want to be, what you want to have built, and who you want to become by then. Once you have that, here’s what you do:
2. Set a realistic goal for your year based on where you want to be in 3-5 years. Detail it as much as possible. Include feelings, people, events, moments of glory, etc. Write it down and do this for every area of your life (love, social, career, family, etc.). Of course, there will be 1 or 2 areas that will be predominant and that is ok. You cannot focus on everything!
3. Once this is done, we break it down into a 3 months goal. The fun part is the practice of it. With your 3 month goals, tune into the experience you want to have while moving towards those goals. What emotions and feelings do you want to feel? Name 3.
Every morning, when you wake up, you tune into those 3 feelings. See yourself experiencing them as if they are happening NOW. Not in the future… NOW.
4. Then, write down 3 gratitudes (not affirmations!) to support the feelings and write them every day. You use the same three gratitudes for the 3 months.
The gratitudes are always written in a positive way and as if it has already happened. Example: I am so grateful for the abundance of clients that come to me on a weekly basis. Thanks to them, I am living my purpose.
5. The next step is to tune into yourself and ask who you have to become or what needs to change within you to make your goals a reality?
6. The last step is to write down 5 things that need to get done THAT DAY to move towards your goal.
Summary of steps:
As I mentioned, giving direction to our life is a practice. At first, it might seem overwhelming but I guarantee that once you have your groove (give yourself 21 days), it is something that will take a few minutes and will bring HUGE results! Instead of browsing on Facebook or Instagram in the morning, do this! The rewards are much greater!!!
And of course, if you need help, I am here. You can always reach out for a one-on-one call to gain clarity!
I also have my Self-study program Activate Your Awareness that will definitely help you gain clarity.
Have a blast doing this exercise and come and share your experience in my private FB group Conscious Revolutionaries!